Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Tue January 7, 2014
Ohio EPA head resigns
The governor's office says Ohio Environmental Protection Agency director Scott Craig Butler will be appointed as interim director.Nally resigned Tuesday.
A statement from Kasich's office says Nally is leaving to "pursue other opportunities." Environmental groups say Kasich and Nally forced George Elmaraghy of the Division of Surface Water to resign last year amid pressure from the coal industry to accommodate its demands. Elmaraghy says coal companies sought permits that would have violated state and federal laws and harmed Ohio's streams and wetlands. Butler serves as the administration's senior policy adviser on environmental, energy, public utility and agricultural issues. He previously worked as district director of the Ohio EPA's central district and southeast district offices.