Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Mon January 6, 2014
Ohio Gas Company Asks Customers To Help Conserve During Cold Snap
A natural gas company in western Ohio is asking customers to dial back their usage over the next few days as temperatures approach record lows.
Dominion East Ohio Gas says it's not in danger of running out of natural gas, but adds that it's taking the precaution to prevent its distribution system from being overwhelmed. The company sent out automated calls yesterday to 57,000 customers in nine counties in western and northwestern Ohio. The warnings to conserve natural gas alarmed some people who called the company to ask if their natural gas supply could run out. A Dominion spokesperson says she thinks it's the first time the company has asked customers to watch their usage. She says 10 of their largest industrial customers have agreed to cut back.