Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri February 14, 2014
Ohio Governor Extends Propane Shipment Order
Ohio Gov. John Kasich has extended the state's energy emergency declaration by two weeks to allow continued speedy shipments of propane gas to ease a cold-weather shortage.
The order extends until March 1 Kasich's original declaration of Jan. 18 allowing propane shippers to temporarily drive more hours and consecutive days than usual. Propane availability is more limited and prices are higher this year for several reasons including stretches of extreme cold that drained an already depleted supply. The federal government has issued a similar declaration to speed up interstate shipments. About 6 percent of Ohio households are heated primarily using propane, most of them rural homes.