Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri December 14, 2012
Ohio Honors Connecticut School Victims, Reminds Ohio Schools To Have Safety Plans
Ohio's governor has ordered flags lowered at state buildings and grounds in honor of the lives lost in a school shooting in Connecticut.
Gov. John Kasich says the flags will be flown at half-staff through Tuesday. A man opened fire this morning inside a Connecticut elementary school, killing more than two dozen people - most of them children. Ohio's top education official reminds school administrators that state law requires them to have safety plans for their buildings in case of emergencies. Acting Superintendent Michael Sawyers also offers Ohio's condolences to those impacted by the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Conn. He says Ohio has also known "the horror of a recent school shooting." Three students were killed earlier this year in a shooting spree in Chardon, east of Cleveland.