Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu December 5, 2013
Ohio House Approves Medicaid Oversight Bill
Majority Republicans in the Ohio House have approved a bill to create a new oversight committee for Medicaid and take steps to limit the cost growth of the program for the poor and disabled.
The joint legislative panel would consist of 10 members that could investigate the state agencies that administer the program and request the Medicaid director to appear before them. The panel also would work with an actuary to analyze the program's costs. The bill aims to curb future cost increases. The cost growth targets are tied to the lesser of the three-year average medical inflation rate for the Midwest or the projected inflation rate determined by the actuary or the oversight panel. The bill now goes to the Ohio Senate for approval.