Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu August 22, 2013
Ohio Man Charged In White House Security Breach Appears In Court
The Kettering man accused of crashing his SUV into steel barriers outside the White House in June has waived his right to a speedy trial.
32-year-old Joseph Reel is due back in court in October. Reel is charged with rigging his SUV to crash into barricades, and jumping a fence to spray-paint a "Don't Tread On Me" Snake on the White House grounds. Secret Service agents say they found 200 rounds of ammunition in his SUV. Reel has posted two videos online featuring him making an anti-government rant and delivering a message to his infant son. Reel says he has bipolar disorder.