Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu August 22, 2013
Ohio Manufacturers Have Positive Outlook On Future
A recent survey shows Ohio manufacturers are upbeat about their future.
Brian Bull of member station WCPN in Cleveland reports.
Lisa Schaaf of the Ohio Manufacturers Association says a recent report by the McGladrey accounting firm gives a favorable snapshot of where Buckeye manufacturers sit this year.
LSchaaf01: “31 percent of Ohio respondents said that their manufacturing or distribution company is thriving. And 63 percent said they’re holding steady. And only 6 percent said that their companies were in decline. So it doesn’t surprise me that the level of lending is good and strong.” (:15)
Schaaf says some manufacturers are wary about how government regulation, taxes, and implementing the Affordable Care Act may play into their long-term profits.
But a continued emphasis on exports is expected to help American manufacturers, including those in Ohio. Last year, U.S. exports reached a record rate at more than 2-trillion dollars. The Obama Administration wants to bring that up to 3-trillion by the end of 2014.