Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Wed August 1, 2012
Ohio officials probe possible swine flu cases
Ohio health and agriculture officials are investigating 10 sick people whose illnesses have similarities to a swine flu virus. All had attended a southern Ohio county fair.
State and Butler County health departments say preliminary laboratory tests indicate possible H3N2 variant flu virus, which can be contracted by humans from being around infected hogs. Officials say all 10 had contact with hogs at the Butler County Fair, which ended last weekend. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is also investigating, but hasn't confirmed swine flu. Health officials say all 10 are recovering from their illness. Swine flu symptoms include cough, sore throat, fever and body aches. Indiana authorities last week were investigating similar cases involving four people who had swine contact at a northwest Indiana fair.