Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri January 31, 2014
Ohio Prosecutor Guest Of Groundhog He Indicted Last Year
Butler County prosecutor Mike Gmoser will be a guest of a groundhog this weekend in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.
Gmoser will read a poem about the famous weather-predictor Punxsutawney Phil. Gmoser mockingly "indicted" the rodent last March when it failed to accurately predict an early spring. Gmoser later said Punxsutawney Phil's handler was to blame. Punxsutawney Groundhog Club spokesperson Katie Donald expects 20-thousand people to show up to watch the groundhog make his prediction on Sunday.