Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Fri January 31, 2014
Ohio Prosecutor Guest Of Groundhog He Indicted Last Year
Butler County prosecutor Mike Gmoser will be a guest of a groundhog this weekend in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.
Gmoser will read a poem about the famous weather-predictor Punxsutawney Phil. Gmoser mockingly "indicted" the rodent last March when it failed to accurately predict an early spring. Gmoser later said Punxsutawney Phil's handler was to blame. Punxsutawney Groundhog Club spokesperson Katie Donald expects 20-thousand people to show up to watch the groundhog make his prediction on Sunday.