Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
Fri December 13, 2013
Ohio Ranked Poorly For Public Health
A non-profit group established by a managed health care company says Ohio is one of the unhealthiest states in the nation.
The United Health Foundation, established by United Health Group, ranks Ohio 40th for public health in it's latest annual state-by-state report. The foundation cites a rise in obesity rates, air pollution and high numbers of preventable hospitalizations. Foundation spokesperson Doctor Rhonda Randall says nationally, progress was made this year in key behavioral measures such as smoking.
Randall says Hawaii is the nation's healthiest state and Mississippi is the unhealthiest. She says the rankings are based on data from the Centers for Disease Control, the American Medical Association and the U.S. Census Bureau.