Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Thu June 28, 2012
Ohio republicans react to Health Care ruling
Republican Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling upholding the individual insurance mandate in the federal health care law will make it the predominant issue of the presidential campaign.
DeWine tells The Associated Press opponents of the law scored a victory because the justices did not expand the Commerce Clause. DeWine says the state's involvement will continue in a lawsuit disputing the law. Meanwhile, Republican U.S. House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio says the ruling shows the need for repeal because it hurts business. Stocks in hospital companies moved sharply higher this morning after the ruling was announced. Democrats says the law is already helping millions of Americans get access to affordable health care, and will reduces costs in the long run.