Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Wed August 15, 2012
Ohio State reports historic fundraising efforts
Ohio State University officials say the past two years of fundraising have been the most successful in school history.
OSU reports that a record number of donors - 211,000 - gave nearly $365 million to the university in the 12 months ending June 30. In the previous fiscal year, Ohio State brought in a record $407.6 million - fueled largely by a $100 million gift from Limited Brands founder and former OSU board chairman Leslie H. Wexner. Of the money raised last year, $124 million was given to support research, $36 million for new buildings and renovations, and $45 million for student financial aid and scholarship support. Other schools in Ohio and across the country also have reported strong fundraising, despite declines in corporate giving.