Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Mon December 23, 2013
Ohioans Taking Advantage Of Extension On Federal Healthcare Registration
Groups helping to enroll Ohioans in health insurance say they are seeing a steady flow of people who are looking for coverage that takes effect next year under the nation's new health law.
Today had been the last day for residents to enroll for coverage if they want it to begin on Jan. 1. But federal officials effectively extended that deadline through Tuesday in case of heavy demand on the government website, HealthCare.gov. Ohio is among the 36 states relying on the federal website. The federal government says as of Nov. 30, nearly 5,700 Ohio residents had successfully picked health insurance plans through the new online marketplace. The head of one consumer advocacy group says its counselors were booked today with appointments to help people find a health plan.