Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri January 24, 2014
Ohio's Jobless Rate Declines
Ohio's official unemployment rate is now 7.2 percent.
The rate for December is down two-tenths of a point from November, but is higher than the national rate of 6.7 percent. The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services says the number of jobless Ohioans was 416 thousand last month, down by 11 thousand from November. The department says there were job gains in construction, professional and business services, and leisure and hospitality. The state lost jobs in other sectors, including educational and health services.