Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Fri May 17, 2013
OHSAA Rejects Competitive Balance Measure
The Ohio High School Athletic Association has narrowly voted down for a third time an attempt at addressing competitive balance issues between public and private schools.
The proposal would have determined the tournament divisions for football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, baseball and softball teams. Rather than basing their assigned division only on enrollment, it would have factored in students who do not come from the immediate school district, geographic boundary or attendance zone. The measure would have affected private and parochial schools who draw students from a larger area than public schools. OHSAA Commissioner Dan Ross says the vote likely will result in increased discussion about separate tournaments for public and private schools.