Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
Mon April 29, 2013
One Death, One Injury After Falls In Hocking Hills
One person died and another was hurt in separate falls at Hocking Hills State Park in southeast Ohio this weekend.
As Michael Locklear of Ohio Public Radio station W-O-U-B reports, both fell more than 50 feet after straying from marked trails.
A college student was hiking with friends at Old Man’s Cave when they went off the trail. A spokesman for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources says the 19-year-old climbed a rock wall but lost his grip on the way back down. Josias Rodriguez fell 60 feet and died Saturday afternoon. Ohio Christian University says he was a sophomore at its campus in Circleville. The university canceled finals today, and a memorial service was scheduled for this afternoon. In a separate fall, a 23-year-old woman fell a hundred feet after leaving a trail in the Hocking Hills. She was life-flighted to a Columbus hospital where she was having surgery Saturday night. The O-D-N-R spokesman wasn’t sure of her name or her condition.