Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu November 7, 2013
OSU President's Search Costing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars
The search for the next president of Ohio State University is projected to cost more than 300 thousand dollars.
A third of that comes from expenses for a one-day forum on the state of the college presidency. The university has paid its search firm about 151 thousand dollars to date with a final payment of at least 67 thousand due when the search ends.The bill for the university's Aug. 30 "Symposium on the University Presidency" was 117 thousand dollars including hotel and travel costs for participants, appearance fees and 96 thousand in advertising. University spokesperson Gary Lewis says no tax or tuition dollars were spent on the event.