Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Fri May 24, 2013
Panel Approves Medical Marijuana Ballot Issue
The Ohio Ballot Board has approved a proposed constitutional amendment legalizing medical marijuana and certain uses of hemp.
Ohio Public Radio's Jo Ingles reports.
The state’s ballot board has unanimously given the go ahead to the group that wants to put medical marijuana on the ballot to start collecting signatures to do that. The group must collect more than 385 thousand valid signatures from registered voters in at least half of Ohio’s counties in order to put the measure on the ballot in fall of 2014. This ballot measure would, if passed, allow Ohioans with a doctor’s prescription to be able to smoke marijuana. It would also allows hemp to be grown as a crop with oversight by the Ohio Department of Agriculture. There is a chance the issue could be put on the ballot this year but backers would have to collect all of the valid signatures before July 6th to make that happen.