Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Fri August 31, 2012
Pastors Meet With Husted About Early Voting
A group of Ohio Pastors has met with Republican Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted, asking him to allow county boards of election to offer in-person early voting on weekends leading up to election day.
Reverend Nelson Pierce of Cincinnati says Husted told them he won't grant their request, but will meet with them after the election to figure out ways to improve the process.
(Pierce: We wanted to ask for one weekend of voting to be made available on the last weekend of October for those counties who saw fit to participate in it. And that in places where boards of elections in counties that split on that vote, that he would...that he would break the tie in favor of making that weekend available.)