Most Active Stories
- US Supreme Court Ruling On Redistricting Could Affect Ohio
- Kasich Cuts Added School Funding Dollars, Allows Severed Ties With PARCC
- Police Identify Woman Found Slain On East Side
- Former CCS Administrator Pleads No Contest In Data-Rigging Scandal
- Scottish Beer Maker Getting Local, State Tax Breaks For U.S. Headquarters Construction
Tue April 29, 2014
Penguins Bounce Jackets From Playoffs
Evgeni Malkin had a hat trick to lead Pittsburgh over host Columbus 4-3 last night, knocking the Blue Jackets out of the NHL playoffs.
The Penguins nearly blew a four-nothing lead before clinching their first-round playoff series in six games. The Jackets' Fedor Tyutin, Artem Anisimov and Nick Foligno scored goals in a five minute span of the third period to make the game close. Foligno and center Ryan Johansen say the team is now looking forward to next year.
The Penguins will face either the New York Rangers or Philadelphia Flyers in the next round.