Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue April 29, 2014
Penguins Bounce Jackets From Playoffs
Evgeni Malkin had a hat trick to lead Pittsburgh over host Columbus 4-3 last night, knocking the Blue Jackets out of the NHL playoffs.
The Penguins nearly blew a four-nothing lead before clinching their first-round playoff series in six games. The Jackets' Fedor Tyutin, Artem Anisimov and Nick Foligno scored goals in a five minute span of the third period to make the game close. Foligno and center Ryan Johansen say the team is now looking forward to next year.
The Penguins will face either the New York Rangers or Philadelphia Flyers in the next round.