Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue September 3, 2013
Perez Changes Plea To Drug Charges
Cleveland Indians pitcher Chris Perez today withdrew his not guilty plea and entered a no contest plea to drug charges after police found marijuana was shipped to his Rocky River home earlier this year in the name of his family dog.
Perez was found guilty, fined 250 dollars, placed on probation and ordered to speak to youngsters about drugs. Police say his wife Melanie accepted two packages containing a third of a pound of marijuana. The case against Melanie Perez is pending. Chris Perez has not spoken with reporters since the charges were filed.