Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Wed January 22, 2014
Perkins Touches On Several Topics At Final Meeting
Last night was Columbus City Schools board member Carol Perkins last regular meeting before leaving the board at the end of the month.
She announced last week that she was leaving in order to spend more time with her family, after earlier deciding that she would step down from the board presidency, a position she held for 5 years. Perkins was a member of the mayor's Education Commission, which last year took an unprecedented role in examining the inner workings of the district and issuing a list of controversial recommendations. She also merited special mention during the investigation of the data-rigging scandal in the district, when Ohio Auditor David Yost complained Perkins had tried to pressure the internal auditor to wrap up her investigation. In her comments to the board last night, Perkins gave a charge to her colleagues -- and got in a few last digs.
The board will appoint a replacement to serve out the remaining year in her term.