Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri September 13, 2013
Petition For Expanding Medicaid Certified
The state's attorney general has certified a petition filed by advocates for expanding Medicaid coverage in Ohio that could put the issue before voters next year.
Mike DeWine today announced the petition contained the necessary 1,000 valid signatures from Ohio registered voters as well as a "fair and truthful" summary. The Ohio Ballot Board must now review the proposal before advocates can begin gathering the roughly 385,000 signatures needed to put the measure on 2014 ballots. The advocates have said they would prefer the Legislature pass an extension of the federal-state program instead of having to put the issue before voters. Lawmakers for have failed to find common ground.