Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Tue October 22, 2013
Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Legal Challenge Passes Away
A man who helped lead a challenge of Ohio's ban on same-sex marriage died today.
John Arthur passed away of complications from Lou Gehrig's disease. Arthur and his longtime partner, James Obergefell, flew to Maryland in June to marry. They then sued for recognition of their marriage in Ohio so they can be buried next to each other in Arthur's family plot. A federal district judge ruled in favor of the couple, saying they deserve to be treated with respect and Ohio law historically has recognized out-of-state marriages as valid.