Most Active Stories
- 3 Teens Charged For Throwing Rock That Injured Ohio Teacher
- Portman Weighs In On Surge Of Unaccompanied Central American Minors Crossing U.S. border
- Suspect In Hocking County Murder Shoots Self
- Farmer In Kasich Radio Ad Not Just A Farmer
- Troubled Charter School Chain Subject Of Federal, State Probes
Fri May 16, 2014
Poll: Clinton Sweeps Ohio In Potential Presidential Matchups
A new Quinnipiac University poll shows Governor John Kasich trailing Democrat Hillary Clinton in Ohio in a hypothetical presidential matchup.
The poll also shows Kasich fares better than any other GOP candidate. The survey of nearly 12 hundred registered Ohio voters shows the former Secretary of State leading Kasich 47 percent to 42 percent, down from a 12 point difference in a similar poll released last February. It also shows Clinton leads former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and U.S. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida in Ohio. Meanwhile, the survey shows 39 percent of Ohioans approve of President Obama's job performance, down slightly from February.