Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
Tue October 23, 2012
Poll Shows POTUS Up 5 In Ohio
A new Quinnipiac University poll shows President Obama has a five point lead in Ohio over Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Ohio Public Radio's Jo Ingles reports.
That’s good news for Obama because several other polls in recent days have shown the race to be much closer. But on the other hand, the numbers in this poll are good news for Romney. Obama’s current lead of five points is half of the lead Obama held in late September. And the poll shows independent voters are backing Romney 49 to 42 percent. The survey shows women continue to back Obama while men still favor Romney. It’s important to note that the five point lead for Obama in this poll is larger than the president’s lead in other polls in recent days. Both candidates and their surrogates are working hard in Ohio right now. No Republican has ever won the White House without winning Ohio.