Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Tue August 28, 2012
Possible Suspects Identified In Case Of Burned Canton Woman
Muskingum County Sheriff Matt Lutz says a Canton woman was found nude and severely burned with a rope around her neck on Sunday by a passing motorist on a road in a rural, heavily wooded area northeast of Zanesville.
Lutz says the 29-year-old woman is hospitalized in critical condition in Columbus after being raped, beaten and burned. Lutz says investigators have found the crime scene and have identified several "people of interest" in the case.
(Lutz: This was a very grusome thing. Can't imagine the pain that this lady went through. When you see something this brutal you always I guess put a little extra effort into finding out what happened to this lady.)