Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu October 18, 2012
POTUS Stumps In Athens
President Obama held a campaign rally at Ohio University last night, saying he has two daughters and doesn't want them to be paid less for the same job as a man.
An estimated 14-thousand people attended the rally that was part of a focus on winning the votes of young people and women. The President also criticized the economic plan of his opponent, Republican Mitt Romney.
Obama – "The five-point plan really boils down to one point—folks at the very top get to play by a different set of rules than you do. So they can pay lower taxes. They can use offshore accounts. They can buy a company, load it up with debt, lay off the workers, strip away the pensions, send the jobs overseas—and still make a big profit doing it."