Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri August 16, 2013
Prosecutorial Team To Remain On Bales' Case
A military judge says a team of U.S. Army prosecutors may remain on the case of Staff Sergeant Robert Bales for his sentencing next week, even after they read documents they weren't supposed to read.
The Ohio solider pleaded guilty to killing 16 Afghan civilians during nighttime raids last year. Last month, the judge accidentally sent the prosecutors compelled statements Bales made to Army psychiatrists. The statements were protected by Bales' Fifth Amendment rights and can't be used against him.