Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Thu November 21, 2013
Rate Of Local Existing Home Sales Fell In October
Fewer existing homes were sold in central Ohio in October as compared with the same month last year.
The Columbus Realtors trade association says more than two-thousand homes were sold in October, down by two-percent from October 2012. The group blames rising interest rates and a lack of homes on the market. Statewide, the Ohio Association of Realtors says existing home sales in October rose by 8 percent from the same month a year ago. And the National Association of Realtors says sales of existing U.S. homes fell by 3.2 percent from September to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.12 million, the lowest level since June.