Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Tue August 27, 2013
Records Show Mandel Hid Two Traffic Crashes
Police reports obtained by the Associated Press show Republican Josh Mandel has failed to publicly disclose two traffic accidents since becoming State Treasurer in 2011, including one involving a potential federal campaign finance law violation.
The reports show a March crash near Toledo and one in downtown Columbus in April 2011. During the late-night March crash, Mandel rode in a vehicle owned by his 2012 U.S. Senate campaign, months after he'd lost his bid against Democratic incumbent Sherrod Brown. Under federal campaign finance law, senate campaign property may not be used for personal reasons or to campaign for a different office. A spokesperson for Mandel's treasurer campaign says it rented the vehicle from the federal campaign. The rental check came after Mandel had used the vehicle for months and after it was totaled.