Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue April 1, 2014
Red Sox Rock The White House With Flag Jacket And Presidential Selfie
As it turned out, Gomes was the only player who ended up coming decked out in red, white and blue. He certainly stood out as President Obama honored last year's World Series champions.
Reporters covering the event say the Red Sox gave the president a jacket just like the one Gomes was wearing.
Gomes said after the event that the president "approved" of his attire. "He looked me right in the eyes and said, 'Nice jacket,' " Gomes told the Boston Globe's Matt Viser and other reporters.
Meanwhile, the irrepressible designated hitter baseman David Ortiz got the president to pose for a group selfie with an "Obama" Red Sox jersey.