Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Tue November 5, 2013
Report: Ohio Not Inspecting Day Care Centers Annually
A report by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services shows Ohio has not always met its requirements for annual, unannounced inspections of day care centers and could conduct more comprehensive background checks on employees.
The report examines the monitoring of providers that receive subsidies to care for low-income children. The report analyzed 125 of Ohio's 13 thousand-plus care providers for the fiscal years 2010 and 2011. It found some required inspections were missed, and Ohio did not include sex offender and child abuse registry checks of workers' backgrounds. The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services says the state inspects day care centers twice a year and providers undergo state and FBI background checks.