Most Active Stories
- DeWine Rejects Marijuana Legalization Effort Backed By Former Libertarian Gubernatorial Candidate
- WCBE Rewind: Nick D' & the Believers
- State Struggles To Deal With Rising Numbers of Mentally Ill Inmates In Prisons
- Cincinnati Restaurant Owner Apologies For Bruce Jenner "Joke"
- Improperly Canned Food Confirmed As Source Of Lancaster Botulism Outbreak
Fri October 26, 2012
Republicans Say Democrats Provided Pizza To OSU Students For Votes
The Ohio Republican Party has filed an election complaint against the Obama campaign and state democrats in a squabble over pizza provided to Ohio State University students.
Ohio Public Radio’s Jo Ingles reports.
Ohio Republican Party spokesman Matt Henderson says Democrats violated election law by offering something of value….in this case, pizza paid for by the campaign…..to students in exchange for their votes for President Obama.
Henderson – People would go to this pizza party then immediately after that, before it was over, no choice was given and people were immediately put on shuttles to go vote.
When asked about whether students were forced to vote for Obama in order to get pizza, The Ohio Democratic Party’s Jerid Kurtz responds this way
Kurtz – Absolutely not Jo. Once again this is a ridiculous claim by the Republicans but we are getting used to that at this point. They are trying to take us to court over a pizza party. We took them to court over the final three days of early voting. It’s a pretty clear comparison.
Kurtz says food is often provided at campaign events for both parties.