Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- Council Opposes 26 Liquor License Renewals, Supports Same-Sex Marriage
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Madison Township Crash Claims One Life
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Arts + Life
Wed March 26, 2014
Richard Shindell: The International Monetary Fund is a great basis for a song
"Living in Argentina, I've learned a lot about how the world works. You live in The States and a dollar's a dollar," says Richard Shindell. That's not the case in other countries, where "the IMF, Moody's and what they say about a country is important information for normal people."
Shindell's life and songwriting craft make up a large part of our discussion, but we also talked about what happens when he decides to change on the fly how a song is played on stage. Hint: it's sometimes stressful for his band mates.
Shindell will bring his perceptive and conscious songwriting to Six String Concerts on April 6.