Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Wed January 8, 2014
Roofing Company Owner Pleads Guilty To Recruiting Illegal Immigrants
The owner of an Ohio roofing company has pleaded guilty to charges related to employing immigrants who are in the country illegally, filing false tax documents and insurance fraud.
Authorities say 55-year-old Gregory Oldiges could be sentenced from two years to nearly five years in prison after pleading to the federal charges in Dayton Tuesday. Court documents accuse Williams Brothers Roofing and Siding of paying human traffickers to bring illegal workers from Texas and paying them less than their regular roofing crews. Oldiges attorney, Greg Lockhart, called the situation "unfortunate" and says many roofing companies use immigrants who are in the country illegally as laborers. A judge set another hearing for April 8th.