Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Wed August 22, 2012
Sales Of Existing Homes Rose In July, Another Sign Of Stronger Market
The National Association of Realtors said this morning that sales of existing homes increased to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.47 million.
Lawrence Yun, the association's economist, tells NPR's Dave Mattingly that there was also "solid" improvement from a year earlier. Sales were up about 10 percent from July 2011 and prices are up about 10 percent from then as well. Those are indications that "the housing market is healing and now contributing to economic growth," he said.