Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Fri October 25, 2013
Saturday Is National "Make A Difference Day"
Volunteers around Ohio will give back to their communities tomorrow as part of national "Make a Difference Day."
The event is the largest community service effort in the nation. Ohio co-organizer Jeff Griffiths says the day is a great spring board for those who have never before participated in community service projects.
Griffiths says dozens of events are planned around Ohio, including school renovations, serving meals to the homeless, food drives, and neighborhood and park clean-ups. Make a Difference Day has been observed for more than 20 years by businesses, government leaders, and charitable groups. This year, an estimated three-million volunteers are expected to take part across the country.