Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Arts + Life
Thu October 31, 2013
The Scariest Hashtag Ever? Enter #NPRHalloweenNames At Your Own Risk
Originally published on Wed October 30, 2013 10:37 am
Here at NPR, we're always game for a good public radio spoof. And yesterday, the terrifyingly funny folks from Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me! (@waitwait) started their own public radio, shall we say, spook.
It all started with this tweet (which was clearly dying for a response):
Throughout the day, NPR fans and staff alike chimed in with various creative and creepy plays-on-words using the hashtag #NPRHalloweenNames. We especially loved 'Mourning Edition,' 'StoryCorpse' and 'Flesh Air.'
Which was your favorite?
And if you're not Terry Gross-ed out after you finish reading the tweets below, there's still time before Halloween to come up with more #NPRHalloweenNames. (Not that we're counting!)
For more spooky puns and generally irreverent banter from Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!, check out this Sandwitch Monday review of the Limited Edition Candy Corn Oreo: