Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Thu August 22, 2013
School Board Reacts To Lawsuit Filed By Former Superintendent
The Medina School Board says defamation claims by the district's superintendent are unsubstantiated. Randy Stepp is suing the board for breach of contract and defamation.
He says members defamed him during a public controversy over his contract by suggesting he acted inappropriately. The board rescinded Stepp's contract and put him on paid leave earlier this year, pending a special state audit. The board says three of six claims in the case are not supported by the facts. They want a judge to issue a ruling on the pleadings in those counts. They say a press release at issue was about concerns regarding his contract, not him individually.