Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Wed September 5, 2012
Shale gas pipeline proposed
A major pipeline has been proposed that would link Ohio's emerging shale gas fields to energy companies and customers in the Midwest and beyond.
Two major pipeline corporations and a large energy company announced plans to build the 250-mile gas transmission line, which will originate in northeastern Ohio. The large-diameter pipeline will follow existing utility corridors across northern Ohio to hook up with an existing line in Michigan. It will connect eastern Ohio's shale gas fields to customers in Ohio and Michigan, and potentially other states in the Midwest, and to Ontario, Canada. It's a joint project of Houston-based Spectra Energy, Enbridge of Canada and Detroit-based DTE Energy. The $1.5 billion line could be in service by November 2015.