Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri August 31, 2012
Some Attorneys Back Redistricting Plan
Some of Ohio's top attorneys and legal scholars are backing a redistricting amendment on the November ballot.
Voters First, the committee backing the issue, has released an open letter signed by a dozen attorneys, including a former state bar association president. They stand behind the amendment's legal framework, which the Ohio State Bar Association has opposed. The proposal would transfer control over drawing Ohio's congressional and legislative maps from the state Legislature and Apportionment Board to a 12-member citizen commission chosen from a pool selected by appellate judges. The amendment's opponents, including Republicans who have controlled the process for years, say the signers vote for and donate exclusively to Democrats.