Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Thu December 13, 2012
Source: Cardinal Health Chief To Lead Mayoral Panel
A City Hall source tells WCBE the head of Dublin-based Cardinal Health will lead a 25-member commission appointed by Columbus Mayor Michael Coleman to make recommendations to improve the Columbus City Schools.
The commission to be led by George Barrett is scheduled to meet later today. Co-chairs include a federal district judge and a local attorney who's husband is a former City Council member. 21 of the 25 members have no ties to the district. Coleman has set no deadline for the recommendations. The panel was formed after the announced retirement of Superintendent Gene Harris amid the district's attendance data fixing scandal. Coleman has held a series of public briefings on educational issues, but none on the district's internal problems. The commission's work will be funded with 500-thousand city dollars.