Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri December 6, 2013
Source Of Columbus Tapwater Foul Taste And Smell Discovered
Columbus Public Utilities officials say foul odors and tastes reported last month were caused by temperature changes that stirred up algae and organic minerals in the water in Hoover Reservoir.
More than 700 complaints have been received from people served by the Hap Cremean Water Plant and Hoover Reservoir. The city has increased water filtration and says the odor should be gone in the next few days. Officials say the water is safe for consumption. At this time last year, residents served by the Dublin Road water plant reported foul odors in the water.