Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Mon May 6, 2013
SPLAT! Gov. Christie 'Saved A Few School Children From Spider'
Originally published on Mon May 6, 2013 3:30 pm
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has a reputation for being tough. It was certainly on display Friday, when he "saved a few school children from a spider."
Christie even tweeted a video of the incident, which is making the rounds on the Internet today. The school kids are understandably concerned when they see the spider, but Christie solves the issue quickly, smashing the little bug with his bare hand.
The children cheer, but we just kept wondering: Who smashes bugs using just their hands. We would've used our shoe or at least used a napkin. What do you think? (The question will close in seven days.)
The People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals told Talking Points Memo that Christie took action without "pondering" the spider's "worth."
This incident brings to mind the time President Obama stealthily smashed a fly during an interview with CNBC.