Most Active Stories
- State Struggles To Deal With Rising Numbers of Mentally Ill Inmates In Prisons
- Cincinnati Restaurant Owner Apologies For Bruce Jenner "Joke"
- Improperly Canned Food Confirmed As Source Of Lancaster Botulism Outbreak
- Columbus To Get Its First Protected Bicycle Lane
- Local Chess Coach Charged With Abusing Young Girl
Tue October 22, 2013
SpongeBob SquarePants Headstone Subject Of Meeting Today In Cincinnati
Officials at a Cincinnati cemetery that removed a slain Iraq war veteran's SpongeBob SquarePants headstone are meeting with the family today to explore possible solutions.
Deborah Walker says her daughter Kimberly's headstone was made in the likeness of the popular cartoon character and erected at Spring Grove Cemetery in Cincinnati. Walker says the family was told to remove it even though the cemetery previously approved the design.
Kimberly Walker, who was a fan of the character, was killed in Colorado earlier this year, allegedly by her boyfriend. Spring Grove says the headstone was approved by an employee who made "an error in judgment."