Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Tue February 12, 2013
In sports...Cody Goloubef picked up his first NHL goal and Vinny Prospal and Brandon Dubinsky also scored to lead the Columbus Blue Jackets over visiting San Jose 6-2 last night. The win snaps Columbus' three game losing streak. The Sharks have lost five in a row after a 7-0 start. Dubinsky notes the 6 goals are the Jackets highest single-game total this season.
The Cleveland Indians say they have agreed to a four-year, 48-million dollar contract with free agent outfielder Michael Bourn. An All-Star with Atlanta last season, Bourn must pass a physical later this week before the deal can be completed. And Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has returned to his role as CEO of Pilot Flying J, a move he says will not affect his involvement with the team. Haslam left the business in September and hired a new CEO. Now he says he will assume a new role as Pilot's strategic adviser.