Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Fri April 12, 2013
Spring Game A Homecoming For Coombs
Ohio State's football team closes out spring workouts tomorrow with the annual scrimmage.
There's a new wrinkle this year, with the game shifting to Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati because of work being done at Ohio Stadium. It'll be a bit of a homecoming for Urban Meyer and several of his players and coaches. Meyer is a 1986 graduate of the University of Cincinnati. Buckeye assistant Kerry Coombs graduated from the University of Dayton in 1983, but also spent 16 years as a head coach at Colerain High School just outside Cincinnati.
Coombs also spent five years at the University of Cincinnati before joining Meyer at Ohio State last year. He says he's hoping to change the perception that Cincinnati-area recruits don't always have Ohio State at the top of their list.
OSU linemen Andrew Norwell and Adolphus Washington are both from Cincinnati. As for the game, Meyer continues to judge the development of his defensive line, offensive right tackle and linebackers, where the Buckeyes have holes to fill. Last season the Buckeyes were 12-0 but could not play in any title games because of NCAA violations in the Jim Tressel era.