Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu May 9, 2013
"Stamp Out Hunger" Drive This Saturday
This Saturday, U.S. Postal Service carriers will collect donations of food to help feed hungry Central Ohioans.
Those interested in participating in the "Stamp Out Hunger" drive are encouraged to leave a bag containing non-perishable foods like canned soup, canned vegetables, pasta, rice or cereal next to their mailboxes prior to the time of regular delivery. Colin Baumgartner with the Mid-Ohio Foodbank praises the carriers’ dedication.
The drive comes as federal officials debate cuts to the Postal Service, including proposed closures of rural post offices and distribution centers, and the end of Saturday delivery. Jerry Fitzsimmons with the National Association of Letter Carriers says the food drive will not be affected.
Fitzsimmons says if people are not able to participate on Saturday, donations may be dropped off at any post office by Wednesday, May 15th. The national goal for this year's drive is 70 million pounds of food. "Stamp Out Hunger" is the largest annual food drive in Ohio and the nation.