Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Wed August 8, 2012
State Bar Association sees conflict of interest for redistricting panel
The Ohio State Bar Association is opposing a proposed constitutional amendment that would change how legislative and congressional districts are drawn in the state.
The proposal would take away map-drawing powers from elected officials and put them in the hands of a 12-person citizen commission. The OSBA says it is concerned the proposed panel of appellate court judges approving the commission could pose a potential conflict of interest if the commission's plans are ever challenged in the state's Supreme Court. The Voters First coalition, which is spearheading the effort, has collected 406,000 valid signatures to qualify the proposal for the fall ballot.